The Maldives is a nation of islands in the Indian Ocean, that spans across the equator. The country is comprised of 1192 islands that stretch along a length of 871 kilometers. While the country covers an area of approximately 90,000 square kilometers, only 298 square kilometers of that is dry land. The islands are grouped into a double chain of 26 atolls.
The country’s unique geography mesmerizes the visitor. Reefs that offer bands of color, tiny jewel-like islands rimmed with the whitest of soft sand surrounded by the clearest shallow waters that one can imagine. Only 200 of the islands are inhabited, and a select few on each of the atolls are resorts and some of the islands are used for industry and agriculture.
The beauty of the Maldives is not only above the water. The Maldives is home to about five percent of the planet’s reefs that comes with an explosion of color contributed by soft and hard corals that form them. The reefs are home to a thousand species of fish. Lured by the rich nutrients that flow in with the currents, large pelagic fishes such as manta rays and whale sharks also make the Maldives their home.
Language: The main languages spoken in Maldives is Maldivian (Dhivehi). Most of the staff at the resorts in Maldives speak English along with French, German, Mandarin, and other international languages.
Currency: The currency of Maldives is Rufiyaa (MVR) or (RF)
Credit Cards and ATMs: If you will be staying at a resort during your stay most bills are settled by credit or debit card or in US dollars rather than the local currency. ATMs are only easily found in Malé City, but all 4 and 5* resorts will accept all major credit cards.
Plugs: The plugs in Bali are type D and G. The standard voltage is 230V, and the standard frequency is 50Hz. We recommend buying a universal adapter (make sure it has surge protection) and using a converter for hairdryers and hot tools.
Safety: The Maldives are generally safe for tourists since they mostly travel to its isolated islands usually meant for tourists. However, be cautious.
Maldives Travel Package
JOD 1,305 per person
+ Flight Tickets (JOD 1,975) with Emirates Airlines
8 Days, 7 Nights
Hotel: Grand Park Kodhipparu
Room Type: Pool Water Villa (Include Breakfast)
THE TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Daily breakfast at the Edge & applicable booked meal plan.
• One-time floating breakfast -per room per stay (one tray) Applicable only in Villas with Pool.
• One-time Shisha per room per stay at Breeze Poolside dining and bar.
• One-time 15 minutes photoshoot with pre-booking. (One printed picture for free and no digital photos).
• Return shared Speedboat transfers Via Velana International Airport.
• All applicable taxes and Green Tax.
• Complimentary welcome Tropical Fruits in-Villa upon arrival.
• Complimentary Welcome Drink upon arrival & in Villa check-in, dedicated Lifestyle Host during the stay.
• Complimentary daily two (2) bottles of water per villa.
• Complimentary in-villa tea and coffee-making facilities.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the resort.
• Complimentary early check-in (subject to availability only).
• Complimentary rental of snorkeling equipment & life vests.
• Complimentary daily group Sunrise Yoga (6 AM) and Sunset Yoga (5 PM) (pre-booking required).